Large Leaderboard

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 66 Sunday June 30, 2013

Saturday June 29, 2013

It is 8:30AM, I am drinking coffee under a thatch roof with the Pacific waves rolling onto the beach about 20 feet from my feet. So far the Pacific coast is much different that the Gulf coast of Mexico. It is 10/15 degrees cooler and it is not humid…this is the way it should be at the beach. I am told that there is to be a surfing competition here today on this beach. The surf must be coming in, a big wave just blew about 10 feet past where I'm sitting.

It is now 9:30PM, the electricity has been off for several hours and came back on a few minutes ago. I have done nothing but hang out and rest. After lunch I had a massage on the beach, went into the surf for about 30 minutes (that is a workout) and laid out and took in some rays.

I have not made up my mind yet, but I may head to Puerto Angel tomorrow. My GPS says it is 458 km and will take 7:35…that will take me no less than 10 hours for me.

Saturday at the beach!








Sunday June 30, 2013

It is now 8:40PM, I have eaten a plato of scrimp and had a grande bowl of yogurt and blue berries…I am full. I rode the bike for 8:30 hours straight, stoping only for fuel…through both rain and heat. I ended up stopping at Playa (playa is beach in espanol)  Zicatela, Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca.  This is the second beach I checked out, the first would not do. This appears to be a surfer beach that is frequented by California surfer dudes because the streets are full of them. I noticed at the hotel where I am staying there are two ATMs, one dispenses pecos the other US dollars. From what I can tell so far the prices are reasonable and the area is first class. As always more will be revealed.

Well I am putting on some rain gear about now!

I am getting gasalina about now!

This is a shot down the street in front of my hotel.

I am about to eat about now!


No comments: