Large Leaderboard

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 62 Wednesday June 26, 2013

Tuesday, June 25

Today has been my best day in Taxco since arriving last Wednesday. I feel better each day and today is no exception…that is #1. I returned to the doctor this morning and he told me that the antibiotic regiment I am on is an eight day cycle, so I said let me do the other three days…make sure I am over this infection…that is #2. At 3:00PM I had an appointment to have an ultrasound done to see what was going on in this kidney and a stone was discovered that had almost reached the bladder…that was #3. Upon returning to the hotel at 5:30PM the stone passed…and that is the 4th good thing to happen today. I will see the doctor in the morning and probably be cleared to travel Thursday.

It appears, provided there are no additional complications, that from beginning to end this kidney issue has lasted 8 1/2 days. I have been to five doctors, had nine injections, been to the pharmacy twice, and had a couple taxi fares. My out of pocket expense will be just under $130 US.

Wednesday, June 26

I went the the doctor this morning and was given a clean bill of health. I have no more stones in my left kidney and my right kidney is also clear. He recommended that I have an ultrasound once a year to check on any development of future stones.

I now plan to travel to Acapulco tomorrow and check it out. It is about a four ride from here....I am told.

This is the church on the plaza.








 Some general photos of Taxco.


This is a photo of Frida Kahlo, she was a very famous Mexican painter. She owned a home here in Taxco and ofter stayed and worked here. You may remember that Frida was the wife of Diego Rivera whose home is a museum and I toured in Guanajuato.  There is a movie available on Netflex named "Frida" starring Salma Hayek as Frida that I very much enjoyed.













No comments: