Large Leaderboard

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 58 June 22, 2013

I am still in Taxco in the Hotel Estelar and today is market day. The market begins about a block from the hotel and runs for a block or so either side of the main street where the Hotel is located. It is a different setup that most markets in other colonial towns and it also is a quite a different market. The market features silver jewelry. It is almost exclusively silver jewelry….I estimate the market is 90% trinkets, of little artistic value. I will estimate that in two hours I viewed the wares of 500 venders as I strolled through. But there were also some very beautiful pieces. I was not looking for nor did I not purchase anything.

This is the first day that I have left the hotel for any length of time since arriving Wednesday. I am feeling better each day but it will take some more time before I am able to travel again. I will return to see the doctor on Tuesday and will see how I am progressing.

Here are some photos of the market in Taxco.








Nearly all the taxis here are VWs and the vans are almost all VW busses. It is different in almost every state, but there is always a predominate brand of taxi and van used. In many states it is Nesson taxis and vans.

This is David...I ate at his taco stand. We had a nice visit....he speaks very good english and he lived in Chicago for 12 years. I will return to visit with him again soon.






These were two jewelers practicing their craft.


No comments: