Large Leaderboard

Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 15 Friday May 10, 2013

Day 15

Friday May 10, 2013

I moved into a different hotel this morning in the Centro District of Guanajuato.  The hotel is a combination dime store, internet cafe, and hotel. My room is adequate, with bed, bath (hot and cold running water), electric lighting, chair and table, etc. All for $150 pesos a day ($12 US), now that is a bargin! My German friend, that I met in the Canadian Arctic last summer and hosted in Fairhope in April, told me about it.

I will stay here in Guanajuato for at least two more weeks. I start taking Spanish on Monday for four hours a day, Monday thru Friday, for two weeks. This is a great town to stay for a visit; friendly, lively, and the the best people watching town I have ever seen..... excellente!

Just strolling my first day in Guanajuato.





This is Roger from LA, he is here with his grandmother. I ate at his aunt's restaurant my first evening there and Roger translated for me. Yesterday he guided me around the city while I checked out spanish language schools.

This is the "Alley of the Kisses," it is quite famous here in Guanajuato. The fellow pictured told the story of what makes the alley famous to Roger and Roger translates to me.....the story cost 10 pesos to the guy....Roger gets 150 pesos for the day. There is a "learning curve" in international travel that I am picking up....I'm a fast learner!

 I have forgotten this guys name, but he is famous for knocking down doors here during the war for independence.


Don Quixote is famous here for something, (statues of him are in several placed in the centro) when I find out for what I will let you know.





The hotel where I am staying now.

 My bike covered up in the hotel lobby/cyber cafe/etc.

View from lobby through the dime store to the street.

 More will be revealed...



No comments: