Large Leaderboard

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 13 Wednesday May 8, 2013

Day 13

Wednesday May 8, 2013

I am now in Guanajuato and it is different than Zacatecas was....not better or worse....it just has a different personality. I have felt at peace since entering Mexico, but at no time more than here in Guanajuato....I could stay here for a time.

On my last full day in Zacatecas I went to the Museo Rafael Coronel, it is housed in the Ex-Convento San Francisco and it houses Mexican folk art collected by Rafael Corones. The highlight is the astonishing, colorful display of more then 3000 masks used in traditional dances and rituals.

Met this gent on my way to the museo.

The Ex-Convento San Francisco....I enjoyed the architecture of the convent as much as the art work displayed in it.


A painting by Rafael Coronel that caught my eye...though I like his work as a whole.

More of the convent.





Some of the masks on display....






In passing....

Enroute from Zacatecas to Guanajuato I stopped for lunch and to take a break at a town that shall forever remain unnamed (this was during the period that I was not exactly lost and not exactly not). The market was humming and worth the visit.

Leaving Zacatecas this is my first bike drop on the trip....so far.

The unnamed town.




Same Doctor.... separate waiting rooms.

The battery on my laptop is getting low.....more will be revealed....


No comments: