Large Leaderboard

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 85 Thursday July 18, 2013

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with Gale Stephanic, formally from Destin, FL. Gale and I met for lunch in Pensacola in March after bumping into each other on Horizons Unlimited, a worldwide internet forum for adventure motorbike travelers. We have stayed in touch and shared our knowledge about how to live on the road. Gale was in Oaxaca for just one day. He is going on to Guatemala where he is enrolled in a spanish language course. Gale is planning to stay in Costa Rica and has applied for residency status there. We plan to meet up again maybe several times in the next few months.

This is Gale, we met at a restaurante in the zocalo (the centro or main plaza) for coffee and spent the afternoon touring Oaxaca.

When I returned to my hotel last evening I called Katie (my youngest daughter) and she informed me that she sent me a package to Oaxaca via UPS and it will arrive next Tuesday if Mexican customs does not flag it. I had looked on the internet at UPS's website and thought that I understood that this package could be delivered in three days, but that is not the case. So I will probably leave Oaxaca in a few days and return when my package is delivered.

One of the many churches around the centro.





The city of Oaxaca is hosting a festival of traditional dance and costume and it will climax next week. I have been told that it is likely that finding a hotel room in the city will be impossible.





No comments: