Large Leaderboard

Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 4 Monday April 29, 2013

Day 4

Monday April 29, 2013

After leaving Edwards Saturday afternoon I rode to Raymond and spent the night at my Mother's home. We had supper and a nice visit Saturday evening. Mother fixed a good breakfast Sunday morning, I packed the bike, and Mother and I said our good bye. I left Raymond around 9:00 AM and rode about 90 miles to Lake Mary in Wilkerson Co. Mississippi to the fishing camp of an old friend Carl Wilson. Carl and I have known each other since the early 1970's when we were cubs on the Illinois Central RR. Carl was a trainman and I was an engineer. During the last 10 years of our railroad career we worked together a lot. I have always had the utmost respect for Carl Wilson and count a one of my dearest friends.....and after me he is one of the best fisherman I know.


Carl and Mike putting the boat in the lake. We are going to run and bait up about 200 hooks in Lake Mary.




 Taking off about a 6 or 7 pound cat fish.


Looks like I missed fish, but it's a good shot of Mike.


Carl put this soft shell turtle in the back of the boat to keep me busy.


Another of the approximately 50 head we took off the lines.






I'm trying to keep this turtle from biting me.....


About a 20 pounder.



Taking the boat out.....let's call it a day.


No comments: